Picnic Wedding

>> June 23, 2009

This past weekend I attended a housewarming party of one of my very close friends and her husband. Such a beautiful house and I am super happy for them and where they are in life. Anyhoo... while at the party I got to talking with one of her other friends mom, who I have met on and off through the past few years. They had both attended a wedding that afternoon for a family friend whose wedding had a picnic theme.

When I asked her about it she instantly pulled out the camera and started showing me pictures! Love when people do that!!! The wedding had a great Victorian and vintage look to it. From what I was told most of the people had hats on, and the brides dress looked handmade but was very pretty. The part that I thought really stood out was that the reception area was blankets with picnic baskets at each one with wine and bread. Such a cute idea!

This got me thinking that a picnic themed wedding would be great for a wedding on a farm or in a field. I found this picture on Ritsybee and found it very inspiring!




You don't have to do blankets if that isn't your style, but like in the picture some great picnic tables with your centerpieces and some great lanterns can really add ambiance and a nature feel to your day. For the right people... I also love the brown bag for your dinner! What a great original way to serve your guests. Anything that makes your wedding day stand out in your guests heads is amazing and brides who take risks are my favorite!


Think outside the box of what you see in magazines and on tv. Be you and be original!!!

2 thoughts:

L. Denise June 23, 2009 at 2:29 PM  

I love picnics! (in- and outdoor)

@elledenise :-)

L. Denise June 23, 2009 at 2:30 PM  

This is super cute idea! I love picnics (in- or outdoor)

@elledenise :-)

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

  • 4 (1)
  • 4 (1)
  • 1 (1)
  • 12 (1)
  • 11 (1)
  • 10 (4)
  • 9 (20)
  • 8 (8)
  • 7 (10)
  • 6 (5)
  • 5 (11)
  • 4 (14)
  • 3 (16)
  • 2 (14)
  • 1 (18)
  • 12 (20)
  • 11 (5)
  • 10 (10)
  • 9 (12)
  • 8 (8)
  • 7 (14)
  • 6 (19)
  • 5 (25)
  • 4 (24)
  • 3 (24)
  • 2 (55)
2010 © lilly lynn events
blog design . studio M designs