Summer Parties

>> June 18, 2009

1st day of Summer starts this Sunday and it seems everyone I know is having a party in the next month or so. Between the house warming party and graduation/birthday party this weekend, we also have my parents bbq in a couple weeks!

I really love the outdoor ambiance you get when you through a party outside. From the nature noises to the instant crisp you feel in the air when it's time to do marshmallows. Some of my best memories growing up are from summer parties my family went to.


One of my favorite stories was when I was really little, probably 5 or so. We would go to my parents friends parents house for 4th of July. They had a large chunk of land in downtown Puyallup and since we are close with most of that family, that was where my parents chose to go. Every year while the dads hosed down all the plants and trees in the orchard, the kids would get sparklers. We would run through the orchard and try to spell our names in the smoke. It was so fun and I remember just laughing the whole time. Once the big fireworks would start I always got tired and would go inside and lay on the floor right by the door so I could see all the big fireworks go off.
Those summers were great as a kid and as I get older and am looking forward to having kids, I want them to have just as memorable summers as I did.
Wishing all of you a great summer of memories!
*For planning assistance email us!

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

  • 4 (1)
  • 4 (1)
  • 1 (1)
  • 12 (1)
  • 11 (1)
  • 10 (4)
  • 9 (20)
  • 8 (8)
  • 7 (10)
  • 6 (5)
  • 5 (11)
  • 4 (14)
  • 3 (16)
  • 2 (14)
  • 1 (18)
  • 12 (20)
  • 11 (5)
  • 10 (10)
  • 9 (12)
  • 8 (8)
  • 7 (14)
  • 6 (19)
  • 5 (25)
  • 4 (24)
  • 3 (24)
  • 2 (55)
2010 © lilly lynn events
blog design . studio M designs