Inspire: Pink and Black

>> April 3, 2009

I never really liked the color pink growing up. It came across as very girly and growing up with 3 boys there was no room for girly! Black has always seemed very classic and chic to me and a total staple in my wardrobe.

A couple years ago I did a reception for my friend Julie. Her colors were pink, white, and black. Her arrangement was adorable down to the Good&Plenty she had me spread around on the white linens. Now pink is one of those colors that I like. Can't say I love it, but there are a lot of shades and tones of pink that if done right can look very elegant or playful.

This color board was fun to do since it isn't super girly. I like the modern look of the flowers, playfulness of the cake, and the small touches with the candy.

Also using a basic black dress with a ribbon in pink is great because your girls can wear that dress again by just taking off the ribbon. I love being able to pick versatile things for weddings. In reality it is one day out of your life and make it memorable, but also try to make items repeatable!

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

  • 4 (1)
  • 4 (1)
  • 1 (1)
  • 12 (1)
  • 11 (1)
  • 10 (4)
  • 9 (20)
  • 8 (8)
  • 7 (10)
  • 6 (5)
  • 5 (11)
  • 4 (14)
  • 3 (16)
  • 2 (14)
  • 1 (18)
  • 12 (20)
  • 11 (5)
  • 10 (10)
  • 9 (12)
  • 8 (8)
  • 7 (14)
  • 6 (19)
  • 5 (25)
  • 4 (24)
  • 3 (24)
  • 2 (55)
2010 © lilly lynn events
blog design . studio M designs